I was lucky enough to spend some time this weekend with the @delawaregrace youth group in Lakeside, Ohio (a wonderful place that you all should visit…). I want to share a few thoughts that I had while at Lakeside.
- This weekend marks my eighth year going to youth group as a part of the youth group.
- Being three years older than the seniors there allowed me to do more watching the interactions of the students, rather than being a part of the interaction. This allowed me to watch more of the interaction of the students with one another. It was awesome to see the way that the teens showed love toward each other.
- Feeding ~150 people requires a lot of food. Thanks to Cheryl and the rest of the kitchen staff!!
- The worship music provided by Corey, Jeff, David and Aaron was phenomenal. A shout-out goes to you guys!! The work that you all put in was wonderful and the result of your hard work was leading all of us into our Lord’s presence. Thanks!!
- Dave, you did a wonderful job. The weekend went well with no issues. We appreciate the hard work that you put into Lakeside and look forward to many more successful events.
- To those of you that decided to take the next step “Whatever It Takes,” be ready to be attacked as you begin the journey toward the next level. Find someone whom you will see on a daily basis and have her hold you accountable to the decision that you made. Be honest with him and be willing to share openly and honestly about your struggles, but don’t forget to share the successes that you have. We must be able to celebrate the good as well!!
- For those of you that made the decision to follow Christ for the very first time, please get involved with a Bible-teaching youth group. It doesn’t have to be FUEL or FOUR12 (though we’d love to have you 🙂 ), but please join a church that teaches the Word with a strong community. I can’t emphasize this enough.
- Kip, thank you for the challenges that you provided. I enjoyed your lessons and appreciate your willingness to come and hang out with us over the weekend.
- I’ll be putting together a short little recap video together here in the near future. Join me on Facebook so you don’t miss it.
If you joined me this weekend, what are your thoughts?