Who Is Jesus?
- He is God (Matthew 26:63-64)
- He became a person (John 1:14)
- He taught with authority (Mark 1:22)
- He healed the sick (Matthew 4:23)
- He hung out with the outcasts (Matthew 9:10-11)
- He got angry at the religious fakes (Matthew 23:27)
- He was persecuted unfairly (Matthew 26:59-60)
- He was tempted in every way (Hebrews 4:15)
- He never made a mistake (Hebrews 4:15, 1 John 3:5)
- He died, rose from the dead, and continues to live to this day (1 Corinthians 15:20)
- He made it possible to have a relationship with God (John 3:16-17)
- He can sympathize with our struggles (Hebrews 4:15)
- He Loves Us (Ephesians 3:19)
In this devotional, you’ll get to explore for yourself the life of Jesus as told by one of his followers. Matthew was one of the twelve disciples and walked with Jesus for three years. When Jesus found him, his character was questionable: as a tax collector he was cheating his own people. Jesus transformed his life, and Matthew would later write the story of Jesus’ life so others might also be transformed.
Each day includes a scripture reading and a short inspirational thought. Keep a journal for you to reflect on what God is teaching you. Having a quiet time 31 days in a row is tough! Pick a time when you are at your best: if you’re a morning person, consider the morning. If your a night person…you get the picture. Pick a place that is free of distractions.
Close all of your other browser windows, shut down Facebook, close AIM, your phone, anything that’ll grab your attention away from God.
Having a quiet time for 31 days is REALLY tough. If you miss a day, don’t beat yourself up! Jump back into the swing of things, don’t stress yourself out by trying to “catch up.” The point is to grow closer to God, so read at your own pace. The goal is not to “finish,” but to grow.