In FOUR12 and FUEL, we are going through DGBC’s core values. In the past four weeks we have covered:
- teaching the Bible
- treating everyone with Grace
- loving one another in Community
- sharing Jesus with others in Evangelism
What I’ve noticed this far (and continue to see when looking at the other core values) is that all of the core values are related to one another. Check this out:
- When we are teaching the Bible, we should be living and loving one another in community.
- When we love one another in community, we are treating each other Grace.
- When we are sharing Jesus with others in Evangelism, we need a strong community, that is loving one another.
- When we show grace to everyone, we understand grace through the Bible.
- When we approach God in relevant worship, we are doing so in a loving community.
- We learn how to approach God in prayer, by being taught the Bible.
- When we help people become more like Jesus, we are loving one another in community, treating each other with grace, approaching God in both relevant worship and in prayer.
On the small scale, we must, make sure that we are meeting each of these. FOUR12 and FUEL. Children’s ministry and Men’s ministry. Tapestry and Calico. If, and only if, all of these core values are met, will the church do what it needs to do. If just one part of our ministry as a whole is not working property, the body is not working properly:
we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
Are we there yet?