Here’s a list of 20 things that happened to Jesus that all come from Isaiah 53:
- Jesus was ordinary in His humanity (verse 2)
- He was despised and rejected by men (verse 3)
- Jesus lived a life full of sorrow and suffering (verse 3)
- Jesus was constantly undervalued (verse 3)
- He was touched by our grief (verse 4)
- He was humbled by our sickness (verse 4)
- He was pierced (verse 5)
- He was crushed (verse 5)
- He was punished (verse 5)
- He was wounded (verse 5)
- Jesus became sin (verse 6)
- Jesus was oppressed (verse 7)
- Jesus was slaughtered (verse 7)
- Jesus was judged (verse 8)
- He was taken (verse 8)
- He was cut-off (verse 8)
- He was abandoned (verse 8)
- He was killed (verse 9)
- He became guilty (verse 10)
- He was tormented (verse 10)
That is what happened to Jesus.
Do you know who did this to Jesus?
IT WAS OUR SIN THAT HELD HIM TO THAT CROSS.
HE BORE THE SIN OF MANY AND MAKES INTERCESSION FOR THE TRANSGRESSOR.
Jesus’ death on the cross was the payment that God needed to provide my freedom. Jesus paid the debt to God that I can be free.
It is finished!
There’s nothing I can do to improve or add to it.
It is settled!
“Our healing doesn’t come by making other people pay. Our healing begins when we understand that we made Jesus pay. When we receive that the payment that God put on Him is enough, then we find we receive the power of standing up in the freedom, in the truth of who He is in us, in who we are in Him…It’s only when we come to understand that He forgave us, that we can have the power to walk in that new life, the new freedom.” – Louie Giglio